Note: this list of Bible verses on hope is complimentary to a Bible study you can read here: 12 Scriptures on Hope | Bible Study
Having said that, let’s see what the Bible says about hope…
- “Oh, love the LORD, all you His saints! For the LORD preserves the faithful, And fully repays the proud person. Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart, All you who hope in the LORD.”
- “Behold, the eye of the LORD is on those who fear Him, On those who hope in His mercy, To deliver their soul from death, And to keep them alive in famine.”
- “Our soul waits for the LORD; He is our help and our shield. Let Your mercy, O LORD, be upon us, Just as we hope in You.”
Psalms 33:20, 22
- “Surely every man walks about like a shadow; Surely they busy themselves in vain; He heaps up riches, And does not know who will gather them. “And now, Lord, what do I wait for? My hope is in You.”
- “Deliver me, O my God, out of the hand of the wicked, Out of the hand of the unrighteous and cruel man. For You are my hope, O Lord GOD; You are my trust from my youth.”
- “You are my hiding place and my shield; I hope in Your word.”
- “The hope of the righteous will be gladness, But the expectation of the wicked will perish.”
- “Wealth gained by dishonesty will be diminished, But he who gathers by labor will increase. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life.”
- “Blessed is the man who trusts in the LORD, And whose hope is the LORD. For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters, Which spreads out its roots by the river, And will not fear when heat comes; But its leaf will be green, And will not be anxious in the year of drought, Nor will cease from yielding fruit.”
- “The LORD is my portion,” says my soul, “Therefore I hope in Him!” The LORD is good to those who wait for Him, To the soul who seeks Him.
- “For whatever things were written before were written for our learning, that we through the patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope.”
- “Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober. For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night. But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.”
1 Thessalonians 5:6-8
- “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly in the present age, looking for the blessed hope and glorious appearing of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us, that He might redeem us from every lawless deed and purify for Himself His own special people, zealous for good works.”
- “Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.”
- “But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; having a good conscience, that when they defame you as evildoers, those who revile your good conduct in Christ may be ashamed.”
1 Peter 3:15-16
- “Beloved, now we are children of God; and it has not yet been revealed what we shall be, but we know that when He is revealed, we shall be like Him, for we shall see Him as He is. And everyone who has this hope in Him purifies himself, just as He is pure.”
1 John 3:2-3
Share the Blessing of Hope
The Internet has made it possible to reach multitudes of people at the push of a button. What better thing to share than an encouraging word from the Bible!
Use one of the social sharing buttons below. It’s easy.
Give someone hope today!